Music Rec Mondays: Good Things Come in Threes

What better way to start your week than with hot new tracks that slap?
Last week we had some sweet, sweet new releases on YouTube and Spotify that deserve a special spot in your playlists. What do these three have in common? They’re all music from YouTube comedians-slash-media influencers.



SANCTUARY by Joji
Sanctuary is a new hit from the genius who brought us the well-known and well-loved Filthy Frank persona. Joji’s music has been evolving ever since he turned his back on his YouTube comedian days and focused on being a musician. Sanctuary’s vibes are a cross between his previous tracks, Slow Dancing in the Dark and Test Drive and it sounds amazing. The music video is also one of his coolest to date.


MIRACLE MAN by Oliver Tree
I first heard Oliver Tree on Spotify and I instantly fell in love with his music style. Imagine my surprise when I saw how crazy the man behind the music was! His music videos are insane and all of 'em more or less go the same way as Miracle Man's. Oliver is a living meme and I haven’t seen one serious interview or video of his on YouTube. You can't deny that his music is genuinely great though.


WALK MAN by TMG
Thanks to Jake Paul’s misguided anti-bullying video, I discovered Cody Ko and the comedy duo, Tiny Meat Gang. Cody and Noel are YouTubers who do commentary videos which are exceptionally hilarious. Their duo, TMG, produces parody music that are meant to be taken as jokes (think Flight of the Conchords), but with each track they release, their music keeps getting better and better. My personal favorites of theirs are Super Xan and Drip, but Walk Man is undoubtedly their best track to date. It’s addicting as hell plus I love the music video’s aesthetic.

Dudi

I like movies with a reasonable amount of cheese and there's always a special place in my heart for bizarre films.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post