Troye Sivan - The Bloom Tour Recap

the bloom tour recap header

The Conflux PH crew saw Troye in Manila last May 1!
We’d been waiting for this ever since December the previous year when we heard it was gonna happen. This was Troye’s first concert in the Philippines. On this leg of his Bloom Tour, he also performs in Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore and Korea.

the bloom tour merchandise stand with fans

The venue was MOA Arena and we got tickets for Upper Box. The event began at almost exactly 8:30, only 30 minutes later than the designated time. Troye’s vocals were outstanding! Seeing his distinctive cute and sexy dances live was such a treat. We read the set list beforehand so we knew what he was going to sing but it still sent such a rush to hear the first notes of some of his best hits.

Cyrem says...

First and foremost, here's my message to the adorable Troye Sivan: "I love you sooo much and please include the Philippines always in your worldwide tours! xoxo!"

Now… regarding the concert. I honestly enjoyed every single part of it. From his surprise entrance at the back of the stadium, up to his very pump-up performance of My My My! (which I highly regret not recording, because the live version was that hella fantastic). I only wished, he added Happy Little Pill, 'cause except from the fact that it's an incredible song, it's the one which successfully introduced him as a singer to a wider audience. Well, hopefully next time it will be on the set list (fingers crossed).

See you soon my Pop Twink!

confetti in the last song of the concert
Jin Dee says...

I was expecting to attend a concert, not being part of a dance party. No complaints here, though!

Troye was a phenomenal performer. It's amazing that just one person can command the stage and audience such as he did, instructing us to jump and sway and sing along. The energy was definitely electrical at MOA Arena. But he also did not forget to pack along his sensitive side, shifting to a more subdued self during his slower songs which did not bore me at all.

By the end of the night my throat was hoarse and my muscles were aching from too much jumping and dancing. But my energy was definitely charged. Now that the concert's over, I can't help listening to a Troye Sivan song and thinking, “Take me back to Troye!

Dudi says...

I screamed. A LOT. My throat hurt real bad after but it was so worth it! Even though it was chilly in the venue, we were sweating since Troye kept on hyping us up to go crazy. So there was a lot of jumping, flailing and dancing. He was so adorable as a whole but it was especially cute when he tried to say two words in Tagalog. (Salamat and nakakapagpabagabag.)

The energy of the crowd was amazing! Troye seemed to enjoy our enthusiasm, saying that we exuded “Big Queer Energy.”

He promised he’d come back and when he does we’ll be ready. We love Troye and wish him all the best in his career!

Dudi

I like movies with a reasonable amount of cheese and there's always a special place in my heart for bizarre films.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post