Get Your Vegan Ramen Fix at Wabi-Sabi Noodle House!

Shop front featuring quirky signage of Wabi-Sabi and Ikigai Kakigori Cafe.

One thing I thought I would have to give up back when I decided to go vegan was Japanese food. It was a sad thought since Japanese cuisine is so unique and delicious. I was proven wrong when my sister introduced me to Wabi-Sabi Noodle House. Recently, I took my parents and siblings out for lunch here and despite being non-vegan, they enjoyed it a lot!

Japanese themed interior of Wabi-Sabi.

This cozy hangout can be found in the 2nd floor of Makati Central Square (formerly known as Makati Cinema Square), Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City. If you get lost inside, just ask the friendly security guards around the building and they'll point you to the right direction.

Wabi-Sabi Noodle House shares a space with Ikigai Kakigori Café and both Japanese-themed establishments have plant-based options for their menu. Just remember to let the server know that you would like them veganized! From what I understand, only one item can’t be veganized and that is the Sweet Corn & Cream Cheese Tempura (PHP90 - Pictured below.)

Sweet Corn and Cream Cheese Tempura

A bowl of Shoyu Ramen.

It’s called a noodle house for a good reason and that’s because they have amazing ramen. You can order additional noodles and ingredients as well if you’re exceptionally hungry. They have 5 kinds of ramen as well as Pho and Tom Yum. Prices for these range from PHP150-PHP250. The Tantanmen is my personal favorite!

Other favorites of ours are: Okonomigyoza (PHP80)...

A plate of Okonomigyoza with 3 pieces.

...and Banh-mi (PHP170 for a whole one).

A whole banh-mi sandwich cut in half.

It isn't pictured here but you should also try their Thai Soy Milk Tea (PHP65). It’s so good and refreshing! It's the first thing I remember to order whenever I go here.

A scoop of Matcha Ice Cream with a dollop of Azuki on top.

This scoop of Matcha Ice Cream is from Ikigai Kakigori Café. If you request the vegan version, the Matcha is wonderfully bitter and strong ─  just the way I love it!

Shelves of Vegan and Vegetarian grocery products and snacks.

In one corner of the restaurant, there are also shelves where vegan groceries are for sale. There are a bunch of yummy Asian snacks, condiments and frozen goods you can take home.

Wabi-Sabi has only one other branch and it can be found in POS Building, South Triangle, Corner Tomas Morato Avenue, Quezon City. Both branches are open from 12 noon until 9PM.

Are you a fan like me? Then give their Facebook page a LIKE!

Dudi

I like movies with a reasonable amount of cheese and there's always a special place in my heart for bizarre films.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post